Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Beware of Link Farms

If you think by joining link farms and stuffing your site with as many links as possible will make your site popular in search engines, then you are highly mistaken. Your bad linking habits and strategies might get you even banned from the search engines.

Link farming or link stuffing is the phenomenon where sites start
linking to other websites for the only reason of increasing their website’s link popularity without even bothering to check whether they are linking to relevant and related websites or not. Google has come to understand this dirty trick of some unethical webmasters and hates link farms. And anyone who indulges in link farming is branded spam by Google and may even get removed from Google’s index. The reason being that Google does not want irrelevant websites to be linked with others as it decreases the site's value to visitors and damages the image of the Web as provider of useful content to the visitors. Just imagine a clothes’ site linking to a music site does not make sense at all and costs precious time to the surfers.

The search engines are taking a very serious stand against all link farmers and Google’s spam policy states clearly to disregard link stuffing when building the index and computing static rank and to reduce the static rank of documents containing it.

So all I can do is to warn you and make you aware of the heavy price that you may have to pay if you displease the search engines with unethical link farming.
Linking is good, but only with related and relevant websites, otherwise you are just calling trouble for your website.

http://www.segnant.com/

9 Comments:

At 6:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great looking blog N alie with excellent content. Where do you promote your blog? I think search engine submissions is one of the best techniques.

What's your most successful strategy?

John
search engine submissions

 
At 10:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great looking blog N alie with excellent content. Where do you promote your blog? I think issuing press releases is one of the best techniques.

What's your most successful strategy?

John
issuing press releases

 
At 10:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

N alie .... It looks like I have already posted here, but you are all over the search engines as I look for Link Popularity Software.

 
At 12:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dropped in to look over this post because I wanted some info on how to quickly build traffic and increase rankings. Some of the stuff on your blog gave me some ideas N alie - thanks. I'm particularly looking for information and ideas on
how to quickly build traffic and increase rankings, so feel free to visit and leave a comment or even submit an article. The back links will help both of us. Bye for now.

 
At 10:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

N alie .... It looks like I have already posted here, but you are all over the search engines as I look for Search Engine Optimization Software.

 
At 9:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

N alie .... It looks like I have already posted here (lol), but you are all over the search engines as I look for Web Promotion Software. If I could get my own pages listed like this, I wouldn't be out looking all over the net for this stuff!

 
At 10:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

N alie .... It looks like I have already posted here (lol), but you are all over the search engines as I look for Web Promotion Software. If I could get my own pages listed like this, I wouldn't be out looking all over the net for this stuff!

 
At 12:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

N alie .... It looks like I have already posted here (lol), but you are all over the search engines as I look for SEO Software. If I could get my own pages listed like this, I wouldn't be out looking all over the net for this stuff!

 
At 6:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

N alie,

We don't you put a link to your blog about link popularity on our site
for free? We have a specific category for link popularity related
sites. We get tons of visitors and your link will be permanent.
See: http://www.leadcub.net. Thank you.

John

Get 10,000 free opt in leads right now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home